Thursday, March 15, 2012

29 Weeks - Hey Mr. D.J. Put a Record On, I Want to Dance with My Baby

The closer we get to Leo's due date, the more we discuss our labor and delivery plans. There are many factors that go into planning for labor and delivery, especially if you are a planner like myself. Even more planning takes place if you intend on hitting the labor and delivery scene sans drugs. One of the "musts" I kept hearing when planning for an unmedicated birth was to make a soothing labor and delivery soundtrack. When I was close to the big day with Lidia, I remember searching the Internet high and low for the perfect soothing mix. I was having a hard time finding a mix that was already made, so I pretty much had to make my own. Below is a list of songs that ended up being our soundtrack:

Only Time - Enya
Return to Innocence - Enigma
The Maiden Whose Voice Made the Animals Sing - Anael
Once Upon a Dream - Anael
Servant Song - Angelina
Here I am Lord - Angelina
Rain Down - Angelina
Be Not Afraid - Angelina
You Are Mine - Angelina
A Mother's Prayer - Celine Dion
Dreams Are More Precious - Enya
Godspeed - Dixie Chicks
I Wish For You - Jessica Andrews
I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
Sunrise - Norah Jones
Lullabye - Billy Joel
Watermark - Enya

I'm hoping that by providing this list, someone, somewhere, might stumble upon it and use it as their own. We had it playing on repeat from 11 pm until 4 pm the next day. Will I use this mix again for Leo? Most likely not. We all know how my labor and delivery went last time, which makes me think I need to switch it up. Like I have said previously, music has the power to motivate me. When I train for my races, my music mix has to be upbeat and inspirational. I could honestly run for hours if I had the perfect mix playing on my iPod. I get sick of songs, too, so another important factor is being able to switch up the mix with new, upbeat tracks. Which makes me think that this time around, I might try a different genre of music. My Leo labor and delivery mix is below. Let's hope I can dance him right out of me with this soundtrack:)

Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
International Love - Pitbull
We Are Young - Fun
Glad You Came - The Wanted
Marry the Night - Lady Gaga
Stereo Hearts - Gym Class  Heroes
So Good - B.o.B.
Wild Ones - Flo Rida
Survivor/I Will Survive - Glee Cast
Turn Me On - David Guetta & Nicki Manaj
Ass Back Home - Gym Class Heroes
Domino - Jessie J
Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO
Without You - David Guetta & Usher
Good Feeling - Flo Rida
Super Bass - Nicki Manaj
It Girl - Jason Derulo


Acorn Squishy Squash

Well hello there, son! Mama got to hear the sweet sound of your heartbeat at an unscheduled doctor's visit today. You see, mama has been having a lot of pain in her pelvic area. I knew that you were OK, but the pain has been so bad that I have trouble walking to my car after work. I originally thought it was your head resting on my bladder, but apparently mama has what is called pubic symphysis separation. Nothing to worry about, it just means I may have to be a bit sedentary the next 10 weeks.

You are active as ever, Leo. This makes mommy, daddy, and even Lidia happy! We get to see you moving quite a bit. My favorite is when I feel you hiccuping. I can tell this disturbs you because as soon as those hiccups start, you begin to move all around.

It is a fact that in the next 11 weeks, you will double - and even come close to tripling - your current weight.  You're also getting pretty close to your actual length at birth. Speaking of your birthday - we are now counting down the days! 71, 70, 69, 68, 67... every day that passes means we are one more day closer to holding you in our arms. We love you little Leo!

No comments:

Post a Comment