Thursday, February 23, 2012

26 Weeks and 100 Questions

By 26 weeks, there's no hiding that there's a baby in there. My belly is out and my belly button is saluting everyone that sets eyes on it. Inevitably, the questions began to be asked by everyone from my mailman to the cashier at Trader Joe's. Below is the list of questions I have been asked in week 26 of this pregnancy:

  • Have you tried bowling yet? My ex-wife swore that being pregnant helped her game.
    • Umm, no. Though my belly is bigger than a bowling ball at this point.
  • Are you sure you don't want your own glass of wine?
    • No, of course I'm not sure. But that darn maternal guilt gets me every time.
  • How far along are you?
    • Too far to count. But if you'd really like to know, I'm 26 weeks, 6 days, 3 hours, and 15 minutes.
  • When are you due?
    • Too far away to be optimistic. So I say "May 25th." with a "woe is me" look written all over my face.
  • Is it a boy or a girl?
    • It's a boy! That, I say with a smile.
  • Do you have a name?
    • Yes...sweet Leo.
  • Is Lidia excited to be a big sister?
    • Yes, but ask her about a week after Leo is here and I have a feeling she will not be so thrilled anymore.
and, finally, my favorite
  • Are you pregnant?
My favorite answer to that question is, "No, I've just been eating a lot of cheeseburgers lately." It's losing it's luster though, so I'm determined to come up with a more smart-ass answer. I invite any suggestions.

Lettuce Give You Lovin's

Hey Little Leo! We just had the best moment. Lidia made daddy and I laugh so hard that we cried. I wonder what it feels like for you when mommy laughs. I know that I can definitely feel your every move. A little bit ago, it almost seemed like you were moving your fingers around, just tap-tapping on your cozy little amnoitic sac.

In terms of development, your eyelashes are fully grown now. If they are anything like your daddy's, mommy's, and big sister's, then they will be long and luscious! Another exciting development - your eyes are beginning to open up this week. Up to this point, they have been fused shut. Although there's not much to see in your dark haven, I imagine you have been investigating your hands, your feet, and the umbilical cord. I'm sure you will begin to study and take in all of your surroundings.

Well, my son, it's been another amazing week interacting with you. I love you! Keep growing healthy down there and we will keep praying for you.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy and Tony DanzoFebruary 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM

    Grandma and Grandpa Danzo are praying also. We love you little Leo!

    ReplyDelete