Thursday, February 2, 2012

23 Weeks from the Eyes of Lidia

Dear Baby Brother,
Mama was a bit worn out tonight, so I decided to take on the daunting task of writing this blog. I'm not quite sure what I am supposed to write about, so I've decided to just let you know what kind of parents you will have. Daddy is so silly and I can't wait for you to meet him. He will do anything for you. Usually, when mama tells me "no," I go to Daddy and he will give me the "yes" answer that I want. I know as soon as you get here he will take charge, like he did with me. Mama will be pretty run down and physically drained after you arrive. That's when Daddy will swoop in. There were many nights during my first year of life where he would walk around the house for hours with me because I just couldn't figure out how to calm myself. The only thing that brought me peace was being bounced in my Daddy's arms. Daddy is always smiling when it comes to his babies. And it seems like one of his main goals in life is to make sure that I'm smiling, too. During the first two years of my life - and probably yours, too - Daddy stayed home with me every Wednesday. We normally didn't go anywhere - we just stayed home and played. Daddy loves to play with me and he is my favorite playmate.

Now, onto Mommy. You will never receive more kisses from anyone. Mommy loves to kiss and hug me. She will tell you, "Give me lippers!" This makes me feel so loved - and sometimes annoyed. Mommy loves to teach me new things and when I catch on, it is written all over her face how proud she is of me. Mommy tells me everyday, multiple times a day, how much she loves me and missed me while she was at work. You will never question her love for you. Mommy also encourages me to dance and sing. Every night before bath time, I turn on the radio and we dance and sing to the songs on the radio. One of my favorite things to do with Mommy is to go shopping. There is not much that she will say "no" to when it comes to buying things for us (especially clothes). Today, a box came in the mail with clothes for you. Me and mommy had so much fun going through the clothes. I placed them on Mommy's belly for you. I kept saying that you will be so cozy in them.

Baby brother, I can't wait until you come into this world. Our family will not be complete until you get here. Right now, it seems like we are missing someone. And that someone is you!

Little Pomegranate
You, my son, are getting quite big! I can't believe that you are close to being a pound and a half at this point. Just about everyone who I see comments on my belly - and you. You are apparently gearing up to start gaining a lot of weight soon. Right now, you supposedly look like a small - and cute- baby doll.

Right now you can hear just about everything going on in the world outside. That explains why you sometimes move around when the dogs start barking. And as Lidia would say, "They barkin' at nothing."

We can't wait until you get here because we've got lots of lovin' to give you!  Keep growing healthy down there and we will keep praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment