Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11 Weeks - Hey Soul Sister

I think it's an important fact to know that while churning out my weekly blogs, a most essential part of my creation is the music to which I listen. Music has always inspired me from day one. I have memories of sitting in my basement at a young age spending hours upon hours just listening and belting out lyrics to music. My favorite was the Annie soundtrack. I loved popping that record in and playing it, making sure the needle got placed just right so I could listen to my favorite song, "It's a hard knocked life." I remember popping in the Cyndi Lauper tape and belting out "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," and "Time After Time." My mom says that I could have listened to Ms. Lauper for hours. I often lost myself in these songs and felt that each one could apply to my life at any given moment. When writing my nightly journal entries as a young girl, music was always in the background. Music is my muse. And throughout this blog, Pandora has been my savior. Specifically, the Hey Soul Sister station. It's just the type of music that I need to dig down deep.

This blog is turning into being a more soul-cleansing, soul-searching blog. Whereas Lidia's blog focused on the goings-on in our lives, this blog is trending towards the goings-on within my head. Not what I had planned, but I think it's working out. And speaking of soul-cleansing, I have something I would like to share:

An Open Letter of Apology to My Husband

Dear Jason Matthew,

Throughout the past 11 weeks, you have been nothing short of patient, kind, selfless and caring when it comes to me. All of those nights where I've laid, lifeless, due to extreme fatigue and nausea - you didn't raise one eyebrow. You are like superman - you fly in and fix dinner, do the dishes, entertain and educate our daughter, take the dogs out, clean out the cat box, do the laundry, sweep the floors, clean the toilets, pack our lunches, make sure that I'm drinking water, get me Tums, go on Wendy's runs (because a baked potato was the only thing I could stomach to eat that day), the list is endless. And what have I done in the past 11 weeks? I've spent most of it complaining, worrying, and laying down. I don't remember thanking you or telling you how much I appreciate everything you have sacrificed for me, Lidia, and baby peanut. That just makes me feel the complete opposite of what you are - selfish, mean, uncaring, and impatient. So for that, I am sorry. I am sorry for all the times my hormones have gotten the better of me in the past 11 weeks. I hope that in your heart of hearts, you know that this is not me. I am an energetic person who loves to make you happy. It is so amazing to me that pregnancy can do this to a person. But, my darling, not to worry. In a couple short weeks, I will be out of the first trimester. As each day approaches towards the 13-week mark, I can feel myself slowly gaining the momentum of old Amy. Soon, I'll be back, my love. I'll be back to chasing you and Lidia around the house, going on nightly walks, and laughing so hard that we cry. And when I'm back, I owe you a ton. You are amazing. You are my angel and I am truly blessed by the Good Lord above to have you as my husband, the father of our children, my soul mate, forever.

Love,
Amy Louise

Lime!

Baby peanut-can you believe you are now the size of a lime? You are nearing the 2 inch mark and your growth continues to amaze me. To think, you were the size of a poppy seed only 8 weeks ago! You have all of the features of a full-term baby at this point. You are also moving with such fluidity at this point. Keep moving and grovin' my darlin'!

You are so sweet, my little lime. I have been daydreaming about you. In 9 short weeks (maybe even shorter if we're lucky!), we will be able to call you by name. And then, you'll be half-way home. We can't wait to meet you! As always, keep growing healthy and we'll keep praying for your health. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment