Friday, May 4, 2012

36 Weeks (the end of). Just the Facts, Ma'am

I feel like I have so much to say at this point, that I don't know where to start. So I leave you with just the facts.

This is the end of week 36 and the beginning of week 37. This week, I have nursed my daughter and my husband back to health, and ended up needing their nurturing in return as I contracted the same illness. Last night, I was thisclose to having Jason take me to the ER, as my vision went blurry and spotty for a period of time. This was proceeded by the most intense headache I have ever had. Which was followed by the stomach flu. Thankfully, our doctor's appointment was scheduled for today and I left with instructions to drink lots of fluids and eat toast, bananas, and applesauce.

At our doctor's appointment, we found out some more facts. Leo is considered full-term at this point. I am nearly 2 cm dilated. My blood pressure was 102 over something. No protein in urine. My Group B strep test was negative. And, I weighed in 5 pounds less than last Friday (thanks in part to the tummy bug). Finally, Leo's birth was scheduled for 3 weeks from this day with our favorite doctor, Dr. Rinala. All this means that this will most likely be the 3rd to last post in Little Peanut.

I spoke to my mother today and she was telling me about the progress she is making on Leo's quilt. She asked me what I was making for him and I replied by saying, "Mom, I don't make things." But, the more I thought about it, I do make things. Be ready for next week's blog, where a video entitled, "A Tribute to Leo" will be debuted.

And those are the facts.


Coconut
Hi my sweet baby boy. There is no doubt that you aren't affected in the least by mommy's most recent sickness. You are moving and grooving as much as ever. In reading our favorite pregnancy websites, it looks as though most, if not all, of your development is completed. Your lungs are the only part of your body that just might need a little bit more time to mature.

I can't believe we have only 3 weeks left until we get to hold you in our arms, Leo. That's less than a month! Your daddy, sister, and I are counting down the days, my love. You're almost done growing into a healthy newborn. Feel free to arrive when you are ready (because the good Lord knows that we are!). We love you, Leo!

No comments:

Post a Comment