Friday, April 13, 2012

33 Weeks - Happy Easter!

Yes, I am one day late again (sorry mom!). I actually have a good excuse - I was busy doing some work from home that had to be completed by this morning. I am constantly amazed about how much additional work needs to be done at my job before I am able to go on maternity leave. Most people think that maternity leave just happens - that you go about your days as normal and then you get to graciously glide into your maternity leave. Well, that's not so much the case. Some weeks I feel like I am working double time to prepare for the time that I will be out, as do most moms who are getting ready for their leave. Jason, too, finds himself preparing for his leave. Though his leave isn't quite the same leave as I will be given, he will be dealing with lack of sleep which inevitably means less time to do work (at his job and around the house).

 We haven't quite caught the "nesting" bug yet, but I feel it coming around the corner. Today, we had our last "routine" doctor's appointment. By routine, I mean it followed the same schedule as our appointments up to this date: leave urine sample, check weight, take blood pressure, get belly measured, and listen to baby's heartbeat. In two weeks, my appointments will start to include a cervical check to assess whether labor is near or not. Again, the doctor we met with today talked about induction. I had asked her what most of her patients end up doing. She really didn't answer my question, instead she said since I had gone past my due date with Lidia and my mom had gone past her due date with her children, then it is highly likely I will go past my due date with Leo as well. She said that I am just one of those women who have longer gestations. Finally, she said that if I am 2 centimeters dilated when I am 39 weeks (which I was with Lidia) then we will schedule an induction between weeks 39 and 40. And, you know, we might just be OK with that scenario. Until then, though, we will continue preparing...and of course praying for a perfectly healthy baby boy.

Honeydew List

Sweet Leo, the list of your milestones keeps growing. Now, your immune system is strong enough to fight your first possible infections outside of the womb. I found it amazing to read that you can actually differentiate between day and nighttime because the uterine walls are getting so thin. Your daddy and I just got done having a conversation with you about how life is going to be so much different for you after you are born, but not to worry - we will be with you every step of the way.

We love you Leonardo Matthew and we absolutely cannot wait for the next 6 weeks to fly by! Goodnight, our sweet baby.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you posted comment. I can't wait to read about my sweet baby grandson. The next 6 weeks will fly by. Can't wait to see and hold you!
    Love Mamaw and Nonno

    ReplyDelete